Delhi High Court Amendment Bill, 2015 passed by Parliament [ Current Affairs ]
About Amendment Bill: Amendment Bill is a part of constitution of India. It is the process of make changes to the nation’s fundamental law or supreme law. The Bill tries to find equal participation of Judiciary and Executive and also ensures that the appointments to the higher judiciary are more sharing, apparent and impartial.
- Minister of Law and Justice, Mr. Ravi Shankar Prasad announced the Constitution’s One Hundred and Twenty - First Amendment Bill, 2014 in the Lok Sabha on 11th August 2014 by.
- 121st Amendment Bill change the requirements of the Constitution related to the appointment of Supreme Court and High Court judges, and the transfer of High Court judges.
About Delhi High Court Amendment Bill, 2015:
- Delhi High Court Amendment Bill, 2015 has been passed by the Parliament.
- First of all it was passed in Rajya Sabha in May 2015 and later on 5 June 2015 it was passed in Lok Sabha by a voice vote.
- The Bill tries to change the Delhi High Court Act, 1966 to reduce the workload of the Delhi High Court.
Advantages of Bill:
- By this Bill financial jurisdiction of the Delhi high court over suits will increases to near about 2 crore rupees from present 20 lakh rupees.
- It will reduce work load by transferring civil groups to 9 district courts in the National Capital Region of Delhi.
- It will also give the power to Chief Justice (CJ) of the Delhi High Court to transfer any pending suit to a relevant lower court.
- Published on: August 7, 2015