Discus thrower Vikas Gowda won a bronze medal in Shanghai IAAF Diamond League [ Current Affairs ]
Indian ace discus thrower Vikas Gowda won a bronze medal in the second leg of the prestigious International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) Diamond League series in Shanghai, China. Robert Urbanek of Poland won the Gold with a throw of 64.47 metres. Piotr Malachowski of Poland won Silver medal with a throw of 64.47m in this IAAF Diamond League series.
- Vikas Gowda hurled the disc to a distance of 63.90 metres to settle at third position and he has won 4,000 US Dollars besides earning one Diamond League point.
- Gowda is National record holder and he won Commonwealth Games gold medallist in 2014 and Asian Games silver medal winner.
- Vikas Gowda was born on 5 July 1983 Mysore Karnataka, India. He won for gold in the 2014 Commonwealth Games with a throw of 63.64m.
- He is the second Indian man who win athletics gold, 56 years after Milkha Singh, won the men’s 440 yards at the Cardiff 1958 Games.
- Published on: May 20, 2015