Dr. Satya Paul Agarwal , Indian Red Cross Secretary General passes away [ Current Affairs ]
Renowned neurosurgeon and Secretary General of Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS) Dr. Satya Paul Agarwal passed away in New Delhi. He was 70. About Dr Satya Paul Agarwal: Dr. Agarwal was a famous public health administrator.
- He had played essential role in implementation of various disaster and emergency relief operations.
- He played major role in controlling of disease and epidemics outbreak in the country.
- He was helping as Secretary General of Indian Red Cross Society since 2005.
- He was also the Chair of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Advisory Body on Sustainable Development and Health.
- He also had helped as Director General of Health Services (DGHS), for Union Government of India from 1996 to 2005.
- He was awarded with India’s second highest noncombatant award Padma Bhushan for his contributions to public services.
About Indian Red Cross Society IRCS:
- It is a charitable public - spirited organization to protect human life and health.
- It has the network of over 700 branches throughout India.
- It was recognized in 1920 and is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and shares its fundamental principles.
- Its mission is to provide relief at the time of disasters or emergencies and also promotes healthcare facilities among vulnerable people and communities.
- Published on: November 18, 2015