Dr Suniti Solomon, pioneer of HIV AIDS research and treatment in India is no more [ Current Affairs ]
About Dr. Suniti Solomon: Suniti Solomon was an Indian Physician. She did Revolutionary work in India of AIDS and she detected the first AIDS case in India in Chennai in 1985. She started the Y R Gaitonde Centre for AIDS Research and Education in Chennai.
- She was Professor of Microbiology at the Madras Medical College (MMC) and also served as the President of the AIDS Society of India.
- She published many research papers extensively on HIV epidemiology, care, prevention, support and gender related issues.
- Dr Suniti Solomon, pioneer of Human immunodeficiency virus and Acquired Immune Deficiency syndrome (HIV/AIDS) research and treatment in India passed away in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- She got National Women Bio-scientist Award (2009) by Union Ministry of Science and Technology.
- Lifetime Achievement Award for Service on HIV/AIDS (2012) by Chennai based Dr MGR Medical University.
- DMS (Honoris Cusa) (2006) by the Brown University of US.
- Published on: July 30, 2015