Dr. Syed Ahmad, the Governor of Manipur is no more [ Current Affairs ]
About Dr. Syed Ahmad: Dr. Syed Ahmad died on 27th September, 2015 because of suffering from cancer at Lilavati hospital, Mumbai, India. Syed Ahmed was born on 6th March, 1945. He was an Indian politician and author and also a member of the Congress Party.
- He had taken oath as the sixteenth Governor of Manipur on 16th May, 2015.
- He had refused to give nod to the Manipur Occupants, Visitors and Migrant Workers Bill, 2015 which was passed by the Manipur Assembly on 15th March.
- He has written an autobiography named Pagdandi se Shahar Tak.
- He had also written other books like Maktal se Manzil, Kafas se Chaman and Jange - Azaadi Me Urdu Shayari.
About his different posts:
- Dr. Syed Ahmed had joined the Indian National Congress in 1977.
- He was elected five times as a representative of the Nagpada community to the Vidhan Sabha in Mumbai.
- He also worked as a state minister in Maharashtra.
- He was also appointed as the eighth Governor of the northern state of Jharkhand by Indian President Pratibha Patil on 26th August, 2011.
- Published on: September 29, 2015