ECI launched National Electoral Roll Purification and Authentication Program [ Current Affairs ]
The ECI (Election Commission of India) launched National Electoral Roll Purification and Authentication Program (NERPAP) throughout India on 3 March 2015. The aberration of NERPAP is National Electoral Roll Purification and Authentication Programme and it will focus on total error-free and authenticated electoral roll.
Through the NERPAP will be linked with Aadhar data of UIDAI for the purpose of authentication with the help of Electronic Privacy Information Centre (EPIC) and it can also feed Aadhar number by making a call at 1950 to state call centres.
Electors was provided with the facility in different ways which connected to the Aadhar number these are:
- Through sms, email, mobile application and National Voters Service Portal (NVSP) by using web services through election commission website.
- Booth Level Officers will also collect the details of electors during door to door camping.
- By organizing Special Camp, Voter Facilitation Centres, e-Seva centres and Citizen Service Centres authorized by the DEOs (District Magistrate).
- On 12 April 2015, nationwide special camps will be organized by the Electoral Registration Officer.
- Published on: March 5, 2015