EPFO awarded with SKOCH Awards for Smart Governance Creativities [ Current Affairs ]
About EPFO: EPFO stands for Employee Provident Fund Organisation. It was come into existence with the promulgation of the Employees’ Provident Fund Ordinance on the 15th November 1951. It was replaced by Employees’ Provident Fund Act 1952.
- Now this act is referred as Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 which is for whole India but not for Jammu and Kashmir.
Benefits of EPF Scheme:
- It provides accumulation plus interest on retirement, resignation, death.
- It also allowed partial withdrawals for specific expenses such as house construction, higher education, marriage, illness etc.
About getting SKOCH award:
- The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation received SKOCH Award for Smart Governance.
- It has honoured with this award for its creativities on UAN Programme and Transformation of Social Security Agenda in India.
- It is the 5th Award won by EPFO in the last two years.
About SKOCH award:
- SKOCH Challenger Awards was started in 2003.
- It is given to the peoples, projects and institutions to make India a better nation.
- SKOCH Challenger Award is the highest independently instituted civilian honours.
- Published on: September 29, 2015