EU executes anti-dumping duty on Indian steel pipes [ Current Affairs ]
About execution of anti - dumping duty on Indian Steel Pipes: European Union has enforced a short - term anti - dumping duty of up to 31.2 percent on imports of fertilize and water steel pipes from India for six months to protect its domestic industry.
- This decision was taken because European Commission has found in its anti - dumping inquiry that the material injury was caused by the neglected imports from India to the Union industry.
- The anti - dumping inquiry was conducted by Commission with regard to imports of tubes and pipes of soft company iron used for fertilizer removal, drinking water supply and irrigation of agricultural land, originating from India.
- This inquiry was began by the European Commission after complaints filed by Saint - Gobain PAM group.
About effect on Indian Steel Industries:
- This execution will give negative effect on Indian exporters of steel pipes to the European market.
- Indian export had significantly increased by over 22 percent in terms of volume 2013 and 2014 period.
- Anti - dumping duty is executed to protect domestic industry under the mutual World Trade Organisation (WTO) government.
- Published on: September 29, 2015