Ex-Union minister Baleshwar Ram is no more [ Current Affairs ]
Eminent Congress leader and Former Union minister Baleshwar Ram passed away due to kidney-related ailments in Patna, Bihar in the age of 87. Baleshwar Ram is survived by his wife, two sons and two daughters. A five-term MLA from various assembly constituencies.
- Baleshwar Ram had been served as MLA since 1952 from various assembly constituencies in Bihar.
- Mr Ram was elected to Lok Sabha from Rosera constituency and had served as the Union minister in the Indira Gandhi government in 1980.
- Mr Ram also had served in different ministerial capacity in various Congress governments in Bihar between 1960s and 1970s.
- Baleshwar Ram made immense contribution for the welfare and development of the people of Bihar especially weaker sections.
- Published on: May 5, 2015