Fire chat, the messaging service without network connection [ Current Affairs ]
About Fire Chat: Fire Chat is a registered mobile app for chat without network connection. It is developed by Open Garden. It enabled smartphones to connect via Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or Apple’s Multipeer Connectivity Framework without an internet connection by connecting peer-to-peer.
- Fire Chat can create conversations offline, often with great effect.
- It is easy to set Fire Chat with other messaging or microblogging platforms.
Comparison with other apps:
- Other messaging apps and services like Twitter are dependent on Internet for their communication.
- This app does this by tapping into the radio capabilities of the handset and creating a mesh network.
- The messages can be sent over a range of 70 meters.
- If a link is created from phone to phone using Bluetooth it can go much outside this range.
- Fire Chat creates a peer-to-peer mesh network that takes your message from phone to phone until it reaches the projected user.
- The real advantage is that it could be a lifesaver when the actual mobile network is down.
- Fire Chat is good on online too and is becoming increasingly popular on both android and iOS.
- Published on: August 3, 2015