First Australia and India naval exercise called AUSINDEX15 initiates in Visakhapatnam [ Current Affairs ]
About Naval Exercise: Naval exercises with other friendly countries are planned to increase naval interoperability and to strengthen supportive security relationship. About different naval exercises of India: The naval exercise, the Varuna with the French Navy.
- Konkan with the Royal Navy.
- Indra with Russian Navy.
- Malabar with the US Navy.
- Simbex with the Republic of Singapore Navy.
- IBSAMAR with the Brazil and South African navies.
About AUSINDEX 15:
- Primary mutual naval exercise between India and Australia called as AUSINDEX15 started at coastline of Visakhapatnam.
- The opening periodic exercise began with meetings and practical demos aground between Royal Australian Navy and Indian Navy before moving to sea.
- AUSINDEX15 naval exercise is held for Security Co - operation between both India and Australia.
- The framework was announced by the Australian and Indian Prime Ministers in 2014.
- Published on: September 15, 2015