Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) appoints Kundhavi Kadiresan as Assistant Director [ Current Affairs ]
Kundhavi Kadiresan was appointed as the Assistant Director (AD) of United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and Regional Representative for Asia and the Pacific. She was appointed at the post by FAO Director.
- She succeeds Hiroyuki Konuma who has retired.
About Kundhavi Kadiresan:
- She is an economist and has spent most of her professional career with the World Bank Group in Asia, Africa, Eastern Europe and Latin America.
- She has more than 2.5 periods of senior managerial experience in economic and policy framing.
- She has a doctorate (Ph. D) in Economics.
- She is an MBA in International Business.
About Food and Agriculture Organization:
- It is an agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to conquer hunger.
- It serves both developed and developing countries.
- FAO was recognized on 16 October 1945 in Canada.
- In 1951 its headquarters were relocated from Washington, D. C. , United States, to Rome, Italy.
- Published on: October 19, 2015