For Prestigious 2015 Sahitya Akademi award 23 poets and authors has been selected [ Current Affairs ]
For the prestigious 2015 Sahitya Akademi Award, Sahitya Academy has announced the names of 23 poets and authors. This award has been presented aimed at Indian 23 Languages for best work, for 2015 Sahitya Akademi Award 6 books of short stories, 6 of poetry, 4 novels, 2 books each of essays, criticism and plays and 1 memoir are selected.
23 Awardee’s are:
- Brajendra Kumar Brahma (Bodo)
- Dhian Singh (Dogri)
- Ramdarash Mishra (Hindi)
- K. V. Tirumalesh (Kannada)
- Kshetri Rajan (Manipuri)
- Ram Shankar Awasthi (Sanskrit)
- Kula Saikia (Assamese)
- Man Mohan Jha (Maithili)
- Gupta Pradhan (Nepali)
- Bibhuti Pattanaik (Odia)
- Maya Rahi (Sindhi)
- Volga (Telugu)
- Cyrus Mistry (English),
- Jaswinder Singh (Punjabi) and
- Madhu Acharya ‘Ashawadi’ (Rajasthani).
- Rasik Shah (Gujrati)
- Madhavan (Tamil)
- Uday Bhembre (Konkani)
- Rabilal Tudu (Santali)
- Books on criticism:
- Bashir Bhadarwahi (Kashmiri)
- Shamim Tariq (Urdu)
- Arun Khopkar (Marathi).
- Distinguished jury representing 23 Indian languages has selected all 23 awardees.
- President of Sahitya Akademi Dr. Vishwanath Prasad Tiwari has given final approval for every award.
- At a special function during the Festival of Letters – the annual function of the Akademi this award will going to present and the award in Bengali language will be announced later.
About Sahitya Akademi
- Award Sahitya Akademi Award (साहित्य अकादमी पुरस्कार) is awarded to a writer for their outstanding work with the aim to encourage them.
- It is presented for 22 Indian languages (22 Scheduled Languages + English and Rajasthani). 24 major Indian languages are: Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Dogri, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Odia, Punjabi, Rajasthani, Sanskrit, Santhali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu.
- The Writers are awarded with a casket containing an engraved copper-plaque, a shawl and a cheque of 1 Lakh rupees.
- Published on: December 18, 2015