Former England bowler-Frank Tyson passed away [ Current Affairs ]
About Frank Tyson: He was born on 6th June in 1930. He was born in Farnworth in England. He is known as the one of the quickest bowler in the game of cricket. He is also called as Typhoon Tyson for his fast bowling. About his abrupt death: He was 85 years old. He passed away in Australia.
About his career:
- In 1960 at the age of 30 he moved to Australia and became a journalist and cricket commentator.
- In between 1954 to 1959 he has played 17 tests for England.
- He took 76 wickets at an average of 18.56.
- His one of the best of his career was in 1954 - 55 Ashes played in Australia.
- In this match he took 28 wickets in 5 tests at an average of 20.82 which helped England score 3 - 1 win.
- Published on: September 29, 2015