Golfer Aditi Ashok first Indian to win Ladies British amateur stroke-play Championship [ Current Affairs ]
About Aditi Ashok: Aditi Ashok was born on 29 - March - 1998 in Bangalore. She is an Indian Golfer. She is studying in the Frank Anthony Public School, Bangalore since 2002. She started learning golf at 5 years and played first round at the age of 6 years 2 months.
- She is the only Indian golfer who has played the Asian Youth Games, Youth Olympic Games and Asian Games.
About her achievements:
- She won St Rule Trophy and Lawson Trophy at the St Andrews Links.
- She won Silver Medal and also Runner - up at 2015 International European Ladies Amateur Championship, Austria.
- She is also winner of 2 WGAI professional events and made 12 cuts of the 13 professional events including a tied 38th finish at the 2014 Omega Dubai Ladies Masters.
About her winning of Ladies British amateur stroke - play Championship:
- Top Indian golfer Aditi Ashok won the prestigious Ladies British amateur stroke - play Championship 2015 at Leeds of United Kingdom.
- She became first woman and youngest player from India who win this Championship.
- Aditi shot a four - day total of 11 - under 285 (comprising 71, 73, 70, and 71) at the equality 74 at the Moor town Golf Club, Leeds.
- She also had appealed the overall title called ‘The Nicholls Trophy’ and ‘Dinwiddie Trophy’ which are given for the under - 18 golfer with lowest score.
- Published on: August 25, 2015