Government launches Migrant Resource Centre in Chennai [ Current Affairs ]
The Union Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs (MOIA) along with Tamil Nadu state government was set up Migrant Resource Centre (MRC) in Chennai. The MRC (Migrant Resource Centre) will provide migrants service and information of overseas Indian workers other than advice, counseling and guidance on all aspects of overseas employment.
The MRC will include legal and regulatory requirements apart from documentation and policies, procedures, problems faced while working aboard by migrants and workers.
MRCs supports following documents. These are-
- Dissemination of information on safe and legal migration.
- Dissemination of information regarding status of recruiting agents along with other service providers.
- Registration and response to complaints and grievances within the redressal forum of MOIA.
- To offer counseling support in form of walk in or telephone and email support.
This is the fourth such MRC in India set up by MOIA. In 2008, the first MRC was established in Kochi, Kerala by MOIA. Later, fully functional MRCs in Hyderabad (now in Telengana & Andhra Pradesh), Gurgaon (Haryana) were established.
- Published on: June 23, 2015