Guinness Book of world records enters the name of PAHAL scheme [ Current Affairs ]
About PAHAL scheme: PAHAL is stands for Pratyaksha Hastaantarit Laabh. This scheme was launched on 1st June 2013 and now it used in 291 districts. In this scheme the customer have an Aadhaar number compulsory for using LPG Subsidy.
- The government has carefully revised the scheme and observes the difficulties faced by the consumer and so they applicably modified the previous scheme launch.
- The modified scheme has been re - launched in 54 districts on 15th November 2014 in the 1st Phase and also been launched in rest districts on 1st January 2015.
- Under the modified scheme, the LPG customer can receive subsidy in his bank account which is done by bank account or by linked Aadhaar Number in bank account.
- Then he joins the scheme and can receive subsidy in his bank account.
About entering in Guinness Book of world record:
- PAHAL scheme has been approved as the world’s largest cash transfer program by the Guinness Book of World Records.
- Published on: August 17, 2015