Gymnastic champion Dipa Karmakar wins bronze medal at 6th Senior ART Gymnastics Asian Championships [ Current Affairs ]
About Dipa Karmakar: Dipa Karmakar born on 9 August 1993, Agartala, Tripura. She is an Indian artistic gymnast. She is one of the few women that have successfully reached the very difficult Produnova vault in competition.
- Produnova vault consists of a front handspring and two front flips. The vault currently has a 7.0 D-score.
- Karmakar was competed National Games of India representing Tripura in February 2011.
- She won five golds in Floor, Vault, All Round, Balance beam and Uneven Bars.
- Karmakar won a bronze medal in the Women’s vault final at the 2014 Commonwealth Games. She received an overall score of 14.366.
- She becomes the first Indian woman to win a commonwealth gymnastics medal by winning this medal.
- She is second Indian who won this medal after Ashish Kumar.
About 6th gymnastic championship:
- She has won bronze medal in women’s vault event at the 6th Senior ART Gymnastics Asian Championships held in Hiroshima, Japan.
- Yan Wang of China successfully defended her title to win gold medal with 14.988 points.
- Published on: August 4, 2015