Himachal Pradesh to present India’s first paperless budget [ Current Affairs ]
Himachal Pradesh under Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh will present the first paperless budget in India on March 11 in 2015 budget session in Parliament which used to already country’s first green assembly and all documents related to budget estimates would be made available online and kept up for record only about 10 budget of copies.
- Himachal Pradesh is also running the proceedings on e-Vidhan would save the state exchequer Rs 15 crore annually and confirming e-plan.
- Himachal Pradesh assembly Speaker BB Butail said only 10 or 15 copies of the budget would be published which are enough for record.
- BB Butail said that it has not only saved Rs 15 crore annually but also 6,000-odd trees.
Some Basic Facts on Himachal Pradesh
- Capital of Himachal Pradesh is Shimla and it was made in 1948 as Chief Commissioners of Province within the Union of India.
- Himachal word make of “Hima” which means snow in Sanskrit language.
- Third fastest economy of Indian state is Himachal Pradesh and 4th rank of highest per capita income in India.
- Published on: February 27, 2015