IAS officer Alok Rawat appointed as first male member of National Commission for Women [ Current Affairs ]
About Alok Rawat: Alok Rawat was born on 15th July 1955 in Uttaranchal. He completed his B. Sc. and M. Sc. from Lucknow University. He was IAS officer from Sikkim Cadre in 1977. He started his career as Dist. Dev Officer Jr. Time Scale at Cadre Organization as Land Revenue Management and District Admin and Development Admin during 1st July 1979 to 1st October 1980.
- He had served as Director in Union Ministry of Defence and Union Ministry of Road transport and Highways.
About his achievements:
- He received Presidents Silver Medal for Census operations.
- He also achieved Recipient of Environment Excellence in Transportation Award.
About his appointment to NCW:
- Alok Rawat became first male member to be appointed as member of National Commission for Women.
- His appointment finds to appraisal the legitimate and legal protections for women.
About National Commission for Women:
- NCW is a constitutional organization.
- It was established under the National Commission for Women Act, 1990.
- It acclaims helpful governmental actions, advise Government on all policy matters affecting women and facilitate Redressal of complaints related to women.
- Published on: October 26, 2015