IIT Bombay, Nehru Science Centre launches ‘Internet for All’ Mobile Science Exhibition [ Current Affairs ]
IIT -Bombay (All Indian Institute of Technology) and Nehru Science Centre have launched a pilot project “Internet for All” in its Mobile Science Exhibition Bus in Mumbai. A pilot project “Internet for All” was launched under the aegis of the Union Government of India’s flagship ‘Digital India’ campaign.
- Launching aim of this initiative is to take Science to the door steps of rural school children and to enthuse students to take up careers in Science and Technology.
- The Mobile Science Exhibition Bus was launched by union government with theme “Internet for All’ which aimed at creating awareness about the power of internet.
- “Internet for All” project is basically based on science exhibitions on wheels in which 20 theme based exhibition models which are mounted on specially designed Buses.
- The fully equipped exhibition bus will travel to rural areas and provide hands on internet experience to all the students in rural schools.
- Under this project, students will be provided few Aakash tablets during interaction session with volunteers to showcase the power of internet and its uses for the society.
- Published on: July 21, 2015