In Ladakh region of J&K Losar Festival has begun [ Current Affairs ]
In Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir the Losar Festival has begun to mark the beginning of New Year in this Himalayan region. It is 15 day long festival began with illumination of religious and residential places and by visiting monasteries for prayer.
- Losar is came from Tibetan word which mean ‘new year’ and this festival plays important part in social and religious celebration in Ladakh.
- It is important holiday in Tibet, Nepal and Bhutan.
Traditional Celebrations of festival
- It is 15 day long festival in which first three days are celebrated mainly.
- On the first day changkol will mad from chhaang (Tibetan beer).
- On second day Losar is known as king’s Losar.
- On third day of the festival is people wait for the night to see the first moon of the New Year In India, Losar is also celebrated by Yolmo, Sherpa, Tamang, Gurung, and Bhutia communities residing in different regions in the country.
- Losar is occurs same day as Chinese New Year.
- Published on: December 14, 2015