India, Georgia ink MoU on electoral cooperation [ Current Affairs ]
India and Georgia have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for cooperation in the field of election management and administration. Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) of India Dr. Nasim Zaidi Chairperson, Central Election Commission of Georgia and Ms. Tamar Zhvania were signed MoU in New Delhi.
The major aims of MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) are-
- To promote exchanges of experience and knowledge in electoral processes.
- Exchange of materials, expertise, information and training of personnel for electoral purpose.
- Distribution and production of materials in the field of electoral systems, voting technology, voters’ education and awareness.
- To promote participation of women and minorities in electoral process.
The Election Commission of India (ECI) has signed around 20 MoUs with different international election management bodies and organizations across the world.
Some of the international signed MoUs are with the Kyrgyzstan, Egypt, Venezuela, Yemen, Mauritius, South Korea etc.
Georgia is a member of the Council of Europe and the GUAM Organization for DED (Democracy and Economic Development.
Georgia economic development resources for international businesses, small businesses, and growing companies
- Published on: July 14, 2015