India, Kazakhstan sign five key pacts including deal on uranium supply [ Current Affairs ]
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Kazakh President Nur Sultan Nazar have signed five agreements in various sectors focusing on strategic, economic and trade cooperation between both nations in Astana.
Signed agreements between these countries are –
- Both nations will form joint working group (JWG) on counter terrorism, defence training, exercise and production of defence equipment.
- MoU on Cooperation on Physical Cultural and Sports
- Both countries were signed agreement between India’s Ministry of Railways and Kazakhstan Temir Zholy for Technical Cooperation in the field of Railways.
- Agreement on Transfer of Sentenced Persons which it will facilitate swapping to prisoners from both countries to serve their remaining sentence in home country.
- Kazakhstan the world’s largest producer of uranium will supply a total of 5,000 tonnes of the natural uranium to India during the 2015-19.
- Kazakhstan will play important role in India’s energy requirement and energy security.
Apart from signing these agreements, India has also shown interest in -
- Fertilizer sector in Kazakhstan due to abundance availability of Natural Gas.
- Hydro carbon sectors of Kazakhstan for drilling and production of crude oil
- Published on: July 14, 2015