India, Kyrgyzstan ink 4 pacts during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit [ Current Affairs ]
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Kyrgyzstan government have signed four pacts to enhance bilateral cooperation between the two nations as part of his official visit to 5 Central Asian countries and Russia.
Signed agreements are –
- According to the MoU, it was signed cooperation between both countries in matters relating to security, defence, military education and training and exchange of experience and information and observers etc.
- MoU and Cooperation in the field of Elections and referendums for rights of elections process stakeholders, modern systems and technologies as well as other issues of election administration.
- MoU on cooperation in the sphere of Standards: Seeks to strengthen and enhance technical cooperation in the fields of conformity assessment, standardization and sharing of expertise on mutual trade.
- Agreements on Cooperation in Culture, both countries were signed agreement between in areas such as preservation of cultural heritage, theatre, youth festivals and organisation of folk arts publishing and translation of literature, culture, sports and physical exchange of archival materials, geography, history etc.
Both countries also released Indo- Kyrgyz Joint Statements to increase regional cooperation and connectivity in the various fields including Political cooperation, regional and global level cooperation, Defence cooperation, Economic cooperation, Scientific and Technical Cooperation, Cultural and humanitarian cooperation.
- Published on: July 14, 2015