India, Turkmenistan ink seven pacts to enhance regional cooperation & connectivity [ Current Affairs ]
India & Turkmenistan have signed seven agreements to enhance bilateral cooperation between the two nations. These agreements were signed during the two-day visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Turkmenistan as part of his official visit to five Central Asian countries and Russia.
The signed agreements are –
- According to the MoU, it was signed between the India’s ‘Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilizers Limited’ and the Turkmenistan’s Turkmenhimiya’ for betterment of chemical and fertilizer.
- Both countries were signed MoU between Foreign Service Institute of the Ministry of External Affairs of India and Institute of International Relations of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkmenistan for Foreign Service.
- Agreement on Cooperation in the field of Sports by Union Ministry of Youth Affairs And Sports of India and State Committee for Sport of Turkmenistan.
- Programme of Cooperation in Science and Technology for two years.
- MoU on Cooperation in Yoga and Traditional Medicine
- MoU on Cooperation in the Field Of Tourism
Both countries signed agreement between respective entities of both governments. Besides signing these agreements, PM Narendra Modi and his counterpart President of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov held extensive discussions on bilateral relations and issues of mutual interest at regional and international level.
Indian PM Modi ji and Turkmenistan president Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov also released an Indo-Turkmen Joint Statements to increase regional cooperation and connectivity.
- Published on: July 14, 2015