India and Mongolia signed 13 agreements to further strengthen bilateral tie [ Current Affairs ]
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Mongolian counterpart Saikhanbileg signed 13 agreements to further strengthen bilateral ties in different sectors and they will elevate their ties to the level of Strategic partnership. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is first Indian PM to Mongolia. Modi ji also announced a line of credit of US $ one billion to support expansion of Mongolia’s economic capacity and infrastructure. These agreements are-
- To update the previous arrangements of international air services between India and Mongolia under the Convention on International Civil Aviation.
- Indian prisoners convicted in Mongolia will be transferred to India to serve the remaining part of their sentence and vice versa.
- Agreement on Cooperation in the Field of Animal Health and Dairy such as modern technical application, quality control and animal disease control measures, marketing in dairy etc.
- India’s National Security Council and the National Security Council of Mongolia signed the security concern
- MoU on Cooperation in the Field of Traditional Systems of Medicine and Homeopathy.
- MoU on Establishment of Cyber Security Training Centre in the Ministry of Defence of Mongolia.
- MoU on Establishment of India-Mongolia JointFriendshipSchool in Mongolia.
- Programme on Cooperation in the field ofCulture for the Years 2015-2018.
- Both nations will focus on development of new and renewable energy technologies, viz. Solar Energy and Wind Energy.
- MoU on enhancing cooperation between the border guarding forces.
- MoU on Cooperation between the Union Ministry of External Affairs and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Mongolia for commercial, economic, technical scientific and cultural cooperation as per Protocol on Cooperation signed between both parties on September 17, 1996.
- Published on: May 20, 2015