India and South Korea sign 7 agreements to enhance bilateral relations [ Current Affairs ]
Indian PM Narendra Modi and South Korea have signed 7 memorandums of mutual understanding (MoUs) to enhance bilateral relations, economic and trade cooperation. The agreements were signed during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s last leg of three nation tour viz China, Mongolia and South Korea. Both countries Signed agreements are-
- Agreement for the Avoidance of Double Taxation and the Prevention of Fiscal Evasion with Respect to Taxes on Income in 1985 but this time they revises previous convention.
- According to the MoU, both countries will boost opportunities for collaboration between in film industries sector and facilitate collaboration, exchange and co-production of films, animation and broadcasting programmes.
- MoU for Cooperation between the India’s National Security Council and Korea’s Office of National Security.
- MOU in the Fields of Maritime Transport and Logistics will include sharing of information, technologies and experiences, exchange of experts and port operations, training of seafarers etc.
- MoU for cooperation in the field of Electric Power Development and New Energy Industries such as smart grids and power information and technology, renewable energy, transmission and distribution of electric.
- MoU on Cooperation in Youth Matters- enhance participation through international conferences, exchanges, youth camps, seminars, festivals etc.
- Framework of Cooperation in the Field of Road Transport and Highways
- Published on: May 20, 2015