India is now Alibaba Group’s second largest market [ Current Affairs ]
Alibaba. com world’s largest business-to-business e- retailer has earned second largest market in India. Alibaba. com has second largest in India globally; the first position is reserved by China. This website has 4.5 million registered users from India.
- Alibaba. com has provided India big online platform for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) access to the world.
- SME provides financing, logistics, inspections and certifications, technology and educational platform for India.
- With the aim to expand business in India China has partnership with many enterprises like ICIC Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Tally, SGS etc…
- Indian and Chinese market has much similarity in order to population size, types of SME.
- Recently new initiative is introduced by Alibaba. com which known as SMILE and aim behind this lunch is to connect Indian manufacturers with quality Chinese suppliers on Alibaba. com and also big platform for the Indian sellers.
About Alibaba. com
- Alibaba is Chinese e-commerce Company which provides consumer-to-consumer, business-to-consumer and business-to-business sales services.
- It also provides electronic payment portals.
- Jack Ma was the founder of this web portal called Alobaba. com in 1999.
- The company is operated by PRC (People’s Republic of china).
- Alibaba has entered in India with the collaboration of Snapdeal from September 2014.
- Published on: December 9, 2015