India signs agreement with France for 36 Rafale fighter jets [ Current Affairs ]
About Rafale Fighter jets: The Rafale jet was introduced in 2001on 18th May. This is a twin engine, delta winged multirole fighter aircraft. This was designed by Dassault Aviation. Dassault Aviation is an international French manufacturer of aircrafts for military, business and regional.
- This jet is loaded with wide range of weapons.
- Its main users are French Air Force, French Navy and Egyptian Air Force.
About the agreement:
- India has signed an agreement with France to supply 36 jets.
- This agreement is passed after French Defense Minister visits India in September where formal deal is to be signed.
- Regarding the contract, informal calculations show that 36 jets are going to cost 8 - 9 billion dollars.
- As far as concern this deal is an welcome to the defense watchers in the country.
- Published on: September 22, 2015