India successfully test fired Nuclear capable Prithvi II missile [ Current Affairs ]
On Thursday 26th November 2015 India has successfully test - fired it’s indigenously developed nuclear capable Prithvi - II surface - to - surface missile. The missile test was carried out by Strategic Force Command (SFC) with a strike range of 350 km at Chandipur in Odisha from a mobile launcher at launch complex - 3 from the Integrated Test Range (ITR).
About Prithvi - II Missile:
- Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) has developed his first missile under India’s prestigious IGMDP (Integrated Guided Missile Development Program) is Prithvi - II.
- Prithvi - II is a tactical short - range ballistic missile (SRBM) by indigenously.
- It has been currently deployed by India’s Strategic Forces Command (SFC).
- The missile is capable of carrying 500 kg to 1, 000 kg of nuclear warhead.
- Prithvi - II has capability to operate with both liquid and solid fuel twine engines and has strike range of 350 km.
- It has the ability to manoeuvring trajectory to hit its target using advanced inertial guidance system with and dodge enemy missiles.
- In 2003 this missile was initiated into Indian armed forces.
- The last operator pilot of Prithvi - II was successfully conducted on November 14, 2014 from the same test range in Odisha
- Published on: November 27, 2015