Indian-American professor R Paul Singh named for 2015 World Agriculture Prize laureate [ Current Affairs ]
Indian-American professor R Paul Singh who has been selected for 2015 Global Confederation for Higher Education Associations for Agriculture (GCHERA) and Life Sciences World Agriculture Prize laureate (WAPL). The award was announced at the annual GCHERA conference held at the Holy Spirit University of Kaslik, Jounieh, Lebanon.
- R Paul Singh is known for niche research areas of agricultural sector such as freezing preservation, energy conservation, post-harvest technology and mass transfer in food processing.
- R Paul Singh had completed a bachelor’s degree in agricultural engineering form Punjab Agricultural University.
- R Paul Singh also had contributed in establishing and evaluating food-engineering programs at various institutions throughout the world including in India, Brazil, Portugal, Peru and Thailand.
- At present, R Paul Singh is Professor at University of California (UC), Davis and had joined it in 1975. R Paul Singh had completed his doctorate from Michigan State University, US.
- R Paul Singh has completed research and studies on Airflow in complex systems which helped to design innovative systems for the rapid cooling of strawberries.
- Food freezing: helped to development of computer software generally used to improve the energy efficiency of industrial freezers. He also had created research on food- processing equipment under a NASA contract for a manned mission to Mars.
- Published on: July 6, 2015