Indian Railways wins 32nd Indian Oil Surjit Hockey Tournament [ Current Affairs ]
About Indian Oil Surjit Hockey Tournament: Surjit Memorial Hockey Tournament is planned by Surjit Hockey Society every year in Jalandhar, Punjab which is played in memory of Surjit Singh. Sardar Surjit Singh Randhawa was born on 10th October 1951 and died due to a car accident on 6th January 1984.
- He was an Indian hockey player who played for Indian national hockey team at the 1976 Montreal Olympics.
- He was captain of Indian hockey team.
About winning of Indian railway:
- Indian Railways has won 32nd Indian Oil Surjit Hockey tournament for the first time.
- Indian Railways team won by defeating defending champions Indian Oil Mumbai by 4 - 3 score.
In this match:
- Captain Vinod Kumar scored 18th minute,
- Malak Singh scored two goals 34th minute and 43rd minute,
- Affan Yusuf 45th minute.
- The winning team received award of 5 lakh rupees cash and Winners Trophy.
- While, the runners up received 2.50 lakh rupees cash and Runners Up Trophy.
- Malak Singh of Indian Railways was earned title of Player of the Tournament and was given a cash prize of 25, 000 rupees.
- Published on: November 20, 2015