Indian boxer Vijender Singh wins 2nd profession bout [ Current Affairs ]
Vijender Singh Beniwal was born on 29th October 1985. He is an Indian Boxer by Profession and earlier Unprofessional boxer from Kaluwas, Bhiwani district in Haryana. He was trained by the Indian Boxing Coach Gurbaksh Singh Sandhu.
- He won the bronze medal after losing the semifinal bout against Kazakhstan’s Bakhtiyar Artayev at the 2006 Asian Games in Doha.
- At the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics, he achieved bronze medal by defeating Carlos Gongora of Ecuador by 9–4 in the quarterfinals and got the first ever Olympic medal as an Indian boxer.
About his achievements:
- Vijender Singh received the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award which is the India’s highest sporting honour.
- He also received the Padma Shri award which is the fourth highest national honour.
About his winning of 2nd profession bout:
- Indian boxer Vijender Singh wins 2nd profession bout by defeating England’s boxer Dean Gillen.
- Published on: November 20, 2015