Indian-origin MP Keith Vaz re-elected as chairman of UK Parliament committee [ Current Affairs ]
British Indian-origin MP Keith Vaz has been re-elected as Chairman of Home Affairs Select Committee (HASC) in House of Commons of UK Parliament. MP Keith Vaz was re-elected as Chairman of HASC for third time by receiving 412 votes compared to 192 votes secured by his opponent Labour Party MP Fiona MacTaggart.
- MP Keith Vaz was elected first time elected as Chairman of HASC in July 2007. Earlier to joining political career, Keith Vaz was practicing as a solicitor.
- Full name of Keith Vaz is Nigel Keith Anthony Standish Vaz but popularly known as Keith Vaz. Keith Vaz was born to Goan parents on 26 November 1956.
- MP Keith Vaz is a Labour Party politician and currently represents Leicester East constituency. In 1987, he was elected as Member of Parliament for first time.
- During 1999 to 2001, MP Keith Vaz also had served as the Minister for Europe, Foreign and Commonwealth Office in Tony Blair led government.
- Nigel Keith Anthony Standish Vaz was born on 26 November 1956 and he is a British Labour Party politician who has been Member of Parliament (MP).
- Published on: June 24, 2015