International festival on Birds has been launched by Uttar Pradesh Government [ Current Affairs ]
The International festival on Birds has been launched by Uttar Pradesh Government as attempt to promote state as an international bird-watching destination. This festival is named as first-of-its-kind of festival.
- At the National Chambal Sanctuary (NCS) Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has inaugurated the first this kind of festival.
- It has been organized by the cooperation of the State Forest department and Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI).
- This was three-day international festival started from 4 till 6 December 2015 on birds and held at the National Chambal Sanctuary (NCS) in Agra.
- In this first-of-its-kind of festival around 80 Indian ornithologists and 25 top international bird experts has participated.
About National Chambal Sanctuary:
- NCS was established in 1979 as a riverine sanctuary end to end the Chambal River.
- It is also known as National Chambal Gharial Wildlife Sanctuary and it covers 5, 400 km area.
- The Wildlife wing of the Uttar Pradesh Forest Department is managing it.
- Its head-quartered are located at Agra.
- The sanctuaries are the main area for crocodile and the Gharial (Gavials gangeticus) and in this river large number of Gharial are located in whole country.
- It also resident ofmore than 320 migrant birds.
- Published on: December 8, 2015