Iran’s Parliament Gives Permission to Nuclear Deal With World Powers [ Current Affairs ]
Procedure of seeking permission: The Iranian parliament gave preliminary backing on a bill approving Tehran’s nuclear agreement with world powers. Parliament approved the first reading of a bill calling on the Tehran government.
- By a vote of 139 to 100 for final approval and passage into law, the bill proposed by Parliament’s national security committee, will now pass a second vote on Tuesday before being submitted to a clerical body
- It should be approved by a top Iranian security body.
- Tehran says it seeks only peaceful atomic energy.
- The deal concerns inspections of Iranian military sites by the International Atomic Energy Agency, the United Nations nuclear watchdog.
- The bill also requires the government to suspend its measures limiting Iran’s nuclear programme under the agreement.
- Published on: October 12, 2015