Japan & France inks defence pact [ Current Affairs ]
Japan & France has signed defence pact to boost cooperation and joint development for an arms transfer agreement for military equipment, services and technology. Japan & France seek to defence sector for joint development between both countries in order to strengthen security ties.
- According to agreement, Japan will also to develop drones and other unmanned equipment together as it seeks to play a greater international military role.
- Japan & France will also promote joint projects in several fields including unmanned technologies for underwater search missions or surveillance.
- Japan and France also have signed to step up broader military cooperation and anti-terrorism efforts.
- Earlier, Japan had signed similar arms equipment and technology transfer agreements with the Britain, United States and Australia.
- Published on: March 17, 2015