K Satish Reddy appointed as Chairman of National Safety Council [ Current Affairs ]
Bandaru Dattatreya, Union Ministry of Labour & Employment has appointed K Satish Reddy as the chairman of the National Safety Council (NSC). K Satish Reddy will replace Venu Srinivasan, who was appointed in July 2011. At present, Mr. Reddy is Chairman of Dr Reddy’s Laboratories Limited. Mr. Reddy will oversee its functioning to generate and develop initiatives on Safety, Health and Environment at the national level.
- National Safety Council (NSC) was established on 4 March 1966. It is the apex non-profit making body under the aegis of Union Ministry of Labour and Employment.
- The objective of NSC, it arranges to develop, generate and sustain a voluntary movement on safety, health and environment at the national level.
- The main function of NSC, it conducts specialized workshops and courses, carries out risk assessments and safety audits and facilitates awareness camps in organisations.
- National Safety Council (NSC) headquarters in Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra and it is registered under the Bombay Public Trust Act, 1950 and Societies Registration Act, 1860.
- Published on: May 14, 2015