Kumar Jyoti appointed as Election Commissioner [ Current Affairs ]
Indian President Pranab Mukherjee has appointed Retired IAS officer Achal Kumar Jyoti as the Election Commissioner for a period of three years. Achal Kumar Jyoti is Former Gujarat chief secretary and he has been appointed as Election Commissioner, filling one of the two vacant positions in the commission.
- Achal Kumar Jyoti is retired IAS officer of the 1975 batch and was former Chief Secretary of Gujarat.
- Earlier, Kumar Jyoti had worked as the Managing Director of the Sardar Sarovar Narmada Nigam Limited.
- Kumar Jyoti was born on 23 January 1953 in India and he also had served as Chairman of Kandla Port Trust from 1999 to 2004.
- The Election Commission of India was established on 25 January 1950 and later known as National Voters Day. The Election Commission of India is an autonomous.
- Published on: May 14, 2015