Lucknow Metro project has been approved by Union Cabinet [ Current Affairs ]
Lucknow Metro Rail Project Phase – 1 A has been approved by Union Cabinet headed by Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi. This Metro Rail will cover a length of 22.878 (approx. 23) km with 22 stations.
It will run between Chowdhury Charon Singh Airport and Munshi Pulia.
- The Project will be cost about 6, 928 crore rupees which will be supported by Union Government with 1, 300 crore rupees in the form of equity and secondary debt.
- The Project will be carried by Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation (LMRC) it is jointly maintained by Union Government and Uttar Pradesh Government with equal share of 50: 50.
- 19.438 km will be higher route and underground route length will be 3.440 km, out of total route.
- From total 22 stations, 19 are higher and 3 underground metro stations.
- The Metro Railways (Construction of Works) Act, 1978, Railways Act, 1989 and Metro Railways (Operation and Maintenance) Act, 2002 are the legal framework of this project.
- On transport infrastructure Lucknow has been suffering mounting pressure as it is observing an annual growth of 8.35 percent in vehicular population.
- It has witnessed wonderful growth in the last two decades and the population of Lucknow Urban Collection is 29 lakhs according to the survey of India 2011.
- About 50 lakhs population is located in Lucknow Metropolitan Area.
- Published on: December 24, 2015