MS Dhoni Forbes list of The World’s Highest-Paid Athletes 2015 [ Current Affairs ]
Indian Cricketer captain, Mahendra Singh Dhoni is the only Indian to find place in the Forbes magazine’s list of 100 World’s Highest-Paid Athletes 2015. Floyd Mayweather who is US boxer retain first place for third time. MS Dhoni was placed at 23rd on the Forbes list with total earnings of 31 million dollars including amount from salary at 4 million dollars and endorsements worth 27 million dollars.
Top ten World’s Highest-Paid Athletes 2015 are-
- Floyd Mayweather (Boxing) from US- $ 300 million.
- Manny Pacquiao (Boxing) from Philippines- $ 160 million.
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Football) from Portugal- $ 79.6 million.
- Lionel Messi (Football) from Argentina- $73.8 million.
- Roger Federer (Tennis) from Switzerland- $67 million.
- LeBron James (Basketball) from US-$64.8 million.
- Kevin Durant (Basketball) from US- $54.1 million.
- Phil Mickelson (Golf) from US- $50.8 million.
- Tiger Woods (Golf) from US- $50.6 million.
- Kobe Bryant (Basketball) from US- $49.5 million.
In this edition of list only two women athletes made to the list they are
- Maria Sharapova (Tennis) from Russia- She was placed at 26th rank with total earnings of $ 31 million.
- Serena Williams (Tennis) from US- She was placed at 47th rank with total earnings of $ 6 million.
The 100 highest-paid athletes of this edition of list have made 3.2 billion dollars in total in last one year which is 17 percent more compared to previous year.
- Published on: June 17, 2015