Maharashtra Government announced the target of 14400 MW power generations by 2019 [ Current Affairs ]
Maharashtra state Government announced the target of 14400 MW power generations by 2019 by way of non-conventional methods to cut down cost and reduce carbon footprint. MP State Government will target 14,400 MW power generations but out of 144oo MW, the state government has proposed that 75000 MW of electricity will be generated from solar energy while wind mills will generate 5000 MW of power.
- Also Sugar industries will help in creating 1000 MW, co-generation will generate 200 MW, biogas will generate 300 MW and industrial waste will generate 400 MW.
- State Government also decided to meet the target, the power generated by private players will be purchased by the government as well.
- State Government has also announced to check theft of electricity and ensure it reaches the customers in an even way in the policy and feeder managers will be installed at specific places. Five feeders each will be installed at every designated place.
- Feeder is known as any medium voltage lines used to distribute electric power from a sub-station to consumers or to smaller sub-station.
- Published on: April 23, 2015