Mahendra Kumar Sharma appointed as non-executive Chairman of ICICI Bank [ Current Affairs ]
Eminent Mahendra Kumar Sharma appointed as non-executive chairman of India’s largest private sector lender Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India (ICICI) Bank. Mahendra Kumar Sharma will succeed K V Kamath who had resigned from top most in order to join as President of the Shanghai based New Development Bank established by the BRICS nations.
- At present, Sharma is an independent director of two subsidiaries of ICICI Bank viz ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company and ICICI Prudential Asset Management Company.
- Sharma also had served as a member of the Corporate Law Committee formed by Union Ministry of Corporate Affairs to redraft the Companies Act. He was also a member of the Committee on Corporate Governance formed by the Union Government.
- During 1974 to 2007, Sharma was vice-president of Hindustan Unilever (HUL) and was associated with HUL.
- In 1974, Sharma had joined HUL as a legal manager who has strong understanding of legal and corporate governance matters.
- Published on: June 17, 2015