Memorial for former PM Narasimha Rao constructed at Ekta Sthal Samadhi Complex in New Delhi [ Current Affairs ]
Construction of a memorial for former Prime Minister P V Narasimha Rao was completed recently at the Ekta Sthal Samadhi Complex in New Delhi. During 1921 to 2004, P V Narasimha Rao was the tenth Prime Minister of India.The completion of the work coincided with his birth anniversary that falls on 28 June.
- Ekta Sthal Samadhi Complex hosts memorials of former Presidents Shankar Dayal Sharma, K R Narayanan, R Venkatraman, Giani Zail Singh and former Prime Ministers - Chandrasekhar and I K Gujral.
- P V Narasimha Rao was also known for conceptualization and implementation of Look East Policy during his tenure that laid emphasis on building on historical and cultural ties with the East Asian nations with special emphasis on South East Asian (ASEAN) nations.
- During 1991 to 1996, P V Narasimha Rao along with his finance minister and former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was introduced a slew of economic reforms, known as New Economic Policy (NEP) or Rao-Manmohan growth model.
- These economic reforms laid foundation for India’s growth story in the subsequent decades by P V Narasimha Rao.
- Published on: July 2, 2015