Michael Blake, Oscar-winning ‘Dances With Wolves’ writer passed away [ Current Affairs ]
Michael Blake was the Oscar-winning writer of ‘Dances with Wolves’ novel passed away in Tucson, Arizona, after a long battle with cancer in the age of 69. In 1990, the novel” Dances with Wolves” after adapted into movie and it was a major hit and had earned Blake an Academy Award (Oscar) for the screenplay.
- At past, the movie had won seven Oscars including Best Picture category including with WGA Award and Golden Globes.
- Dances with Wolves’ novel had translated into 15 languages and this novel was Blake’s best known novel and over 3.5 million copies were sold.
- Michael Blake also had written several other novels including literacy, Native American history and the disappearing of wild horses in the West.
- Michael Blake was born in North Carolina and lived with his family in Texas before settling in southern California.
- Some of his famous novels include The Holy Road, Airman Mortensen, Marching to Valhalla, Indian Yell, Twelve The King.
- Michael Blake autobiography is Like A Running Dog, which had detailed his career in writing and Hollywood.
- Published on: May 7, 2015