Microsoft agreed to set up Digital Village in Maharashtra [ Current Affairs ]
Major Software IT Company Microsoft agreed to develop Smart MIDC (industrial colony) and support Digital Village in Maharashtra. In this regard, the information was given by Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis (week-long visit to the US) after his meet with India-born Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella in Miscrosoft’s office in Seattle.
- Microsoft agreed to provide technology support for health care services in remote tribal areas. It will setup a pilot project at Melghat in Amravati district in this regard.
- Microsoft has adopted Melghat village. Microsoft also agreed to set up a cyber-security centre at Pune.
- Microsoft is also looking to develop ’Safe Maharashtra’ mobile application which would track vulnerable people so as to provide security.
- Besides, the Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis also met Boeing Commercial Airplanes CEO Raymond Conner and discussed expansion of MRO operations at its plant in Mihan, Nagpur. He also met Joe Minarik, GM (Strategic) of Amazon Web Services.
- Microsoft was founded by Bill Gates and Paul Allen on 4 April in 1975. Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company which headquartered in Redmond, Washington.
- Published on: July 7, 2015