Microsoft named its next Web Browser as Edge [ Current Affairs ]
American multinational Microsoft Company announced Edge as its next Web Browser’s name at the Build Developer Conference held at San Francisco in California, USA. Earlier, Microsoft had called it as Project Spartan that is a code name given by the company. Internet Explorer (IE) intended to replace by the Edge browser in future.
- Edge Web browser will exhibit a new tab page that will show information on recently opened tabs, favourites, new apps, etc.
- Edge Web browser will allow users to draw or scribble directly on a Web page. It works with finger or stylus and offers pen as well as highlighter with option to choose the color for it.
- This browser will allow users to save pages for offline reading. The reading lists thus created by a user will get synced to be accessed across multiple devices.
- Microsoft’s personal assistant service Cortana will be integrated to the new browser in order to enhance the user experience.
- Published on: May 7, 2015