Miss Universe 2015: Miss Philippines Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach [ Current Affairs ]
After beating out contenders from the United States, France, Colombia and Australia Miss Philippines Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach has become 64th Miss Universe. 2014 Miss Universe winner Paulina Vega of Columbia has crowned her. The Second runner-up is Miss USA Olivia Jordan.
About Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach
- Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach is a Filipino-German actress, model, beauty writer and beauty pageant titleholder
- A German father and Filipino mother daughter.
- At the age of 11 she had started working actress under the screen name Pia Romero.
She had performed in films such as
- Kung Ako Na Lang Sana in 2003
- All My Life in 2004
- All About Love in 2006
Currently, in the Philippines she is working as stylist and writer for the lifestyle section of a leading newspaper.
About Miss Universe
- The California clothing company Pacific Mills has founded it in 1952.
- From that time it is organized annually as international beauty pageant that is run by the Miss Universe Organization.
- Along with the Miss World and Miss Earth contests, Miss Universe is one of the three largest beauty pageants in the world and one of the most expected beauty pageants worldwide.
- Published on: December 21, 2015