Mitchell Johnson rises his guide Dennis Lillee’s record [ Current Affairs ]
About Mitchell Johnson: Mitchell Guy Johnson is an Australian cricketer who born on 2nd November 1981. He is a left - armed fast bowler and left - handed batsman. He received the award for “the Cricketer of the Year” by International Cricket Council in 2009.
- In 2014, he received award for “Test Player of the year”.
About his joining in Australian Cricket Team:
- At age 17, Johnson attended a fast - bowling clinic in Brisbane and he was identified as “once - in - nine - lives prospect” by former Test fast - bowler Dennis Lillee.
- After then Lillee contacted former team mate Rod Marsh and they arranged that Johnson can join the Australian Cricket Academy in Adelaide.
- Then he was selected for the Australia One Day International team in 2005.
About his rise to Dennis Lillee’s record:
- Mitchell Johnson has achieved equaling record of mentor Dennis Lillee after becoming just the fifth Australian to take 300 Test wickets last week.
- Shane Warne’s Australia record 708 Test wickets and Glenn McGrath’s next - best 563 are set to prove for Johnson. But the Test scores of equivalent Australian fast bowlers Brett Lee (310) and Lillee (355) are within range for Johnson.
- Published on: August 7, 2015